First Blog Post

Being this is my first blog post, I must make this one very funny, or at least interesting. I need a point of view. What can I say that isn't being said, with so many people, all saying so much all the time. I just checked, there are more than 440 million blogs going on right now. Hasn't everything been said?

Maybe there aren't really enough blogs; everyone should have one, so there should be 7 billion. Obviously, we are short on blogs. If everyone had one, you could do more than just look up their Facebook or Instagram pictures. The viewer has to read into the pictures, which are often doctored to tell a misleading story of happiness or success.

A blog makes you lie in black and white. And it takes work.

Comments

  1. Being this is my first comment on your first blog post, please allow me to give you advice. Ready?

    Take no advice. Have fun. Allow yourself to be funny. Allow yourself to be unfunny. Say something you believe. Lie if you get lost. Reach for a big laugh and let the comments tell you when you've bombed.

    Bomb often. Bomb so often you're embarrassed. Then learn how quickly you survive bombing. Don't let the mean comments stop you but let them hurt your feelings. Their anger says more about you than it does about them.

    It's okay to gush. It's okay to be nice. It's okay to put all of yourself into this and then stop for no reason and then go back and catch a wave and then stop even though you're rolling and when you look back you'll wonder why you stopped but life was calling and it's a funny thing, life will always be calling but art matters too.

    I think. But what do I know? Really? It took me damn near 5 decades to kiss a woman in Paris. Don't listen to me. That's my best advice. Thanks for starting this. Here's to 7 billion and 1 blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I said, "Their anger says more about you than it does about them," I meant to say their anger says more about them than it does about you, but now that I've fixed it, I can't decide which way I like it better. I know which way I wish were true. That said, who am I to deny the haters the warmth of their fingers lashing out on the keyboard?!! It very well might be the only thing they feel that's real.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog